- Marco van der Ree is Chief Development Officer with GRI – Global Reporting Initiative, the leading global standard-setting organization for business sustainability reporting. Previously with EIT Climate-KIC, Europe’s Climate Knowledge and Innovation Community.
- He is a strategic, passionate, and innovative leader with 20+ years of global experience in building partnerships, fundraising and advocacy for sustainable development, and organizational and program management. He has both a global and local perspective on sustainable development and climate issues. He delivers results through building networks and connecting people and organizations.
- He served for 17 years (1999-2015) with several UN organizations, UNCDF, UNDP, UNOPS, UNV. He started his career in Brazil with the Institute for Society, Population and Nature (ISPN, 1996-1998).
- In 2016, he founded Brokering Solidarity, a consultancy focused on fundraising and building partnerships for sustainable development, as well as on engaging people into action for sustainability and solidarity, including through a start-up, Join In. Brokering Solidarity also worked with CSCP, Fundación Avina, GiZ, and SwissAid.
Marco Van Der Ree
Country - Netherlands
- He holds a Master’s degree in International Relations (University of Amsterdam) with a focus on international environmental policy. He worked with and lived in many countries on all continents and is fluent in Dutch, English, Spanish, and Portuguese, proficient in German, and with intermediate French.